Sunday, February 22, 2015

Captain's Log: Day 2

As I previously blogged, we're currently without water. Since I spent most of the day at work, I wasn't all that inconvenienced. Excluding living and dying by "if its yellow let it mellow, if its brown send it on down."

Today, however, has been a bit more of an adventure. I attempted a mess-less breakfast of oatmeal in the microwave, but it overheated and spewed oats all down the side of the cup and into the microwave.

My Keurig had only 1 cup of water left for coffee, but thankfully yesterday my dad brought a 5 gallon bucket of water for us to use. They have well water, and it makes incredible coffee.

Our heat is working just fine, but I decided to build a fire and attempt to melt snow for flushing. I suppose that's a good idea if its your only option. But Jay, when he arrived home from meeting a client, he quickly went to the creek and filled a 5 gallon bucket. within 5 minutes he'd bested the work I'd done all morning "thawing" snow.

StreamI started to freak out right about when he arrived home. After all - if if the snow was that slow to melt in a 65* house (made warmer parked by the fire) how long would it take our pipes to unfreeze. We quickly decided to start drinking our way through some whiskey samples and a build-your-own 6 pack in the fridge.

This afternoon is marked by a fire, Bobcat basketball on the TV, a wide variety of drink options, and of course, blogging the fun.

What have you been up to this weekend? If you link up with Jaime, let me know so I can check out your post.



  Jaime

5 comments:

  1. I love the yellow and brown little ditty. Whiskey and beer sounds like a fun way to spend the afternoon. I linked up with Jaime this week too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you spent the day in exactly the right way given the circumstances. I didn't do much of anything this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Who knew it would take so long to melt?! We got baby girl a new (to her) vehicle this weekend, and my boy got his first pair of Asics. Pretty exciting around here! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That may have come across sarcastic about the car and the shoes, but both items are how my kiddos get around! And he'll put almost as many miles on the shoes each week as she'll put on the car!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I spent last weekend preparing for this week's snow. (And I'm super delayed in reading blogs. So sorry!!)

    ReplyDelete