Saturday, January 3, 2015

New Years Streaming

Getting started is the hardest part. So let's just skip the length intro and I'll start my timer, mkay?

My mother's favorite department store is a steeply discounted south-eastern chain located on the drive up to my sister's house. A significant portion of her shopping was done on the way to (or from) my niece and nephew's soccer games.

The week of Thanksgiving, I carpooled with my parents to see the kiddos' Grandparents day celebration. On the way home we stopped in to browse the deals-of-the-day.

In the juniors section, I found a rack of cute ladies style tees with NFL logos. My mom tried to distract my attention, but I found an Arizona Cardinals logo. She shot me the Its Christmas, don't ask questions look, then carted me off to a different part of the store.

Imagine my surprise come the 25th when my sister opened a New Orleans Saints tee, my niece a New England Patriots shirt, but I had nada in the way of sports paraphernalia. When I asked my mother about it, she seemed confused. Apparently she only thought she had bought me a shirt.

Thankfully Jay and I were able to stop into the store during our New Year's excursion and they still had the shirt available. He expressed his confidence that the shirt would be in stock over a month later. His reasoning? Who the BEEP in Tennessee wants an Arizona shirt?

His darling love, of course. But the answer as to why will have to save for another day. My time here is up. Who are you rooting for in the NFL playoffs this year?

5 comments:

  1. That is funny! Your poor mom.
    We don't watch so no favorites for us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So funny! We live in North Carolina, so we're rooting for the Panthers. I'm sure that's not what you wanted to hear since we beat the Cardinals last night. I'm sorry. To be honest, I'm a very casual fan, so the playoffs aren't a huge deal to me. I do love a good Super Bowl party, though!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh, I totally get how your mom feels - there are so many things I SWEAR I bought but didn't! :) Glad you got your shirt!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's such a funny story. And I have no real team I'm pulling for. I honestly don't follow football as much as I probably should?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Too funny! Glad you got our shirt! I'm a Texan, though I don't really keep up with it much. I grew up an Oilers fan. Luv ya Blue!

    ReplyDelete