Friday, December 21, 2012

Christmas Survey

Borrowed these questions from Bari, who borrowed it from someone else.

1. Favorite Christmas Album/CD/Song:
 
Kenny & Dolly's.  And the Alabama Christmas album.  and the Chipmunk album.  My mom still has all 3 records.  We use to listen to them every December.  She even got me the CD for Christmas a few years ago.
 
2. Run on Christmas morning or take the day off?
 
I'll probably take it off.  We've got to head back from West Virginia (duty calls on the 26th), so our day is limited, but I do hope to get at least 1 run on the treadmill while visiting Jay's family.
 
3. What do you usually eat on Christmas morning?
 
Cereal.  Growing up we were always in a toot to get our presents opened at the house, everything cleaned up, and be ready to go to my Mamaw & Papaw's house at noon.
 
4. Favorite holiday or Christmas tradition?
 
Christmas eve candlelit communion at church, followed by steaks and "Justus" potatoes for dinner.
 
5. Real tree, fake tree, or no tree?
 
I have 2 fake trees, but I love the real deal.  I'm allergic, so I'd be paying for a real tree the whole month.  I always buy a tree-smelling candle and light it in the evenings to get the same effect without the allergens.
 
6. Christmas pajamas, yay or nay?
 
Nope, never.  Although I love me some cute jammie pants.  Maybe this is a tradition I should start??
 
7. Where do you spend the holidays?
 
Every other year we go visit Jay's family in West Virginia.  When we're home, we spend Christmas morning just the 2 of us, then head to my Mamaw & Papaw's for lunch.  Christmas Eve is spent at my parents house for dinner.
 
8. Food that you always have during the holiday season/favorite Christmas treat?
 
FUDGE!! My mom makes the best, most yummy fudge in the world.   She makes both chocolate and peanut butter.  I have to be forced to share it with Jay.
 
9. Open presents all at once or take turns?
 
Take turns.  The only exception is if my sister and I got the same present from our parents, then we'd open them together.
10. Favorite Christmas(ish) movie?
 
ELF!
 
What about you?  Care to join us and do your own blog?  Or just answer one in the comments.
 
MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!

5 comments:

  1. Great answers!

    What are "Justus potatoes"?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to know about justus potatoes too! We take turn with presents also - have to see what everyone else gets. We have a fake tree because of allergies too, along with the ever present pine candle!
    Merry Christmas to you and Jay!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, Brooke. What are "Justus" potatoes? I love Kenny and Dolly too. We play it every year when we put up the tree.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My favorite Christmas treat is toffee! I don't know why I don't make it all year long. Do you think it'd still be as good?

    ReplyDelete