Thursday, August 30, 2012

Daily Thanks

 
Friday - helLO
 
Not sure how it came up in conversation, but Jay tried to imitate the way my Papaw always answers the phone: quick on the first part, emphasis on the "low" syllable.  Out of the blue it hit me how blessed I was Jay knows how my Grandfather answers the phone.
 
1) He calls my Papaw on the phone.  2) A month away from 80, my Papaw is not only still alive, but still working with his cattle on the farm.
 
Saturday - BIL

Saturday (after "failing" my race as my mother so delicately put it) I learned that my brother-in-law successfully navigated the San Fransisco Bay to complete the Escape from Alcatraz relay event.  He and a buddy flew out there to compete - he swam the frigid 1.5 miles and his buddy completed the 7 mile run. 

My sister calls our racing (and our dad's devotion to being a high school football referee) "dumb assery" but I feel blessed to have a BIL who understands my love of racing and supports me every step of the way.
 
Sunday - Napping!

I know I've used this one before, but I'm always thankful for a Sunday afternoon nap when I have the chance to get one.  This particular nap lasted for 3 1/2 hours.  I woke up at 7PM, yet was still tired enough to be in bed asleep by 11PM.  I definitely needed some extra rest!
 
Monday - Cycling Class

After Saturday's triathlon debacle, it felt nice to hop on that spin bike and power through a 400+ calorie burn.
 
Tuesday -Movie Night

Jay rarely wants to go to the movies (a waste of money he says) so I am thankful when he find a movie he deems worth of watching in the theater.  He chose The Campaign - a little on the vulgar side, but definitely had a few good chuckles.
 
Wednesday - Coffee creamer

I'm dealing with allergies or a cold and my throat is raw and sore.  A yummy coffee creamer makes even the sludge the serve at work drinkable.
 
Thursday - Hot Apple Cider

(see Wednesday)


What have you been thankful for this past week?

4 comments:

  1. I always like your thankful lists! I'm having a sore throat because of allergies too. Hot apple cider sounds wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i'm pretending its already fall! :) hope your allergies go away quickly!!

      Delete
  2. Those are all great things to be thankful for! I'm thankful for people who understand my running obsession too - vs the ones this week who have told me I should quit since I'm still not "better".

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. grrrr!! i'm sorry you aren't getting the encouragement you need. i know how frustrating it is.

      Delete