Monday, May 18, 2015

Paradise: Upset

Last week, I referenced big changes coming to Camp FTW. My intention was not to be coy or mysterious, but rather keeping the focus on the subject at hand (in this particular case, gratitude to God for my blessings). Since focus is a daily struggle, I thought I would compose a separate blog post regarding the changes.

This post could also be titled Don't Know What You've Got Until Its {Almost} Gone. Jay and I found out last weekend that the home directly in front of ours has changed hands.

 Cinderella's Castle (as the HOA refers to it) existed as a vacation home.  Since the day we moved in, we've never met the owners. We've never even seen them at the place.

A couple of weeks ago, the property began to show signs of life. People stopped by to inspect the pond and surrounding property. Then, work began on the house.

Jay went over on Sunday to introduce himself and be nosey. As of June, the house is available for nightly rental. The peace and quiet I now enjoy, sitting on my front porch listening to the creek, will most likely disappear.


A fresh crop of renters will appear most every week. More than likely they will splash in the creek just feet from my home. As with Sunday, their chatter will penetrate my bedroom door, and I'll hear them whilst trying to enjoy a peaceful afternoon nap. The peace and tranquility I find in my hammock will be no more.

PS - Yes, I am in that picture - my head is to the right.

Tragic? Hardly
First World Problem? Without a doubt
Something God cares about? Absolutely


I don't mean to imply that my Abba will fix it for me. I don't expect a miracle to happen and all-of-a-sudden the creek noises will drown out the sounds of children playing. HOWEVER He has all the hairs on my head numbered. Not one falls to the ground without him knowing. (Ask Jay - not even I can keep up with all the stray fallen hairs around the house).

If you would be so kind as to say a prayer for me, I seek God's wisdom. Should we stay and strive to love my transient neighbor as Jesus commanded? Should we move, considering this a prompting to turn the cabin into an investment opportunity? 

Somehow (gee thanks Holy Spirit), I doubt my personal urge to get 10+ acres and build a home surrounded by nature and isolation is the direction He wants us to go. Whatever the case, I know He will go with me. Somehow, with each move (this would make 4 in less than 7 years) I'm learning His truth more and more.



2 comments:

  1. I totally understand your feelings. I always said I wanted a log cabin in the middle of 10 acres too, and I'm sorry.
    I'll be praying for you and any decisions you and Jay have to make. Hopefully most of the renters will be calm and quiet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ugh...change. Not the worst thing ever, but if it changes how you live it can be a big thing! Praying that you have clear direction!

    ReplyDelete