Friday, October 12, 2012

Pop Quiznos!

Title stolen from the movie 21 Jump Street.  If you haven't seen it yet, rent it this weekend.  Do yourself a favor and use the bathroom first.  Or wear a diaper.  I considered pissing myself at the theater because I was laughing so hard, yet I didn't want to miss a moment of the movie to relieve myself.

/over share

Bari posted her own quiz answers earlier today (and she borrowed it from some others).  Here goes for my answers:

1. FUEL: Shot Bloks, GU, Energy Chews, Candy or Other?

I love shot bloks, but wanted to try something new so I'm now currently training with sports beans. Love them both, but considering trying something else for my next box (I buy in bulk).

2. Race Length: 5k, 10k, 1/2 Marathon, Marathon, Ultra or Other?

Whatever I'm training for!!! Right now I'm all excited about the half marathon distance, but I truly love running (and training) for each distance.

3. Workout Bottoms: Skirts, Running Shorts, Capris, Pants or Other?

I was just commenting early about how I use to be a capri girl (even in the heat of summer) but now I'm transitioning to shorts and skirts.  Weight loss, the right shorts, and Body Glide can all take credit for this transition.

4. Sports Drink: Gatorade, Powerade, Cytomax, you stick to water when you run or Other?

Gatorade.  I'm not really brand loyal but its easy to find in powder form at the grocery store.  Otherwise my husband would drink it whilst sitting on the couch and there would be none for me come long run morning.  Under an hour on a run and I just carry water.

5. Running Temperatures: HEAT or COLD?

Neither!!  But if I have to pick I'll take cold.  Humidity sucks the life outta me.  50* and overcast is just about perfect in my book.


6. Running Shoe Brands: Saucony, Mizuno, Nike, Brooks, Asics or Other?


Mizuno.  Love my Mizunos.  I've tried others, but always come back.  Doesn't hurt that my favorite style is pink!

7. Pre-race meal: Oatmeal, Bagel, Banana, Eggs, Cereal or Other?

I use to be an English Muffin/Peanut butter kinda girl.  Now I just grab a protein bar on the way out the door.  My stomach is kind to me and I'd rather have the extra sleep.

8. Rest Days: 1x per week, 2x per week, never ever ever or Other?

Yes please!!  Just kidding...but seriously.  I plan 1 rest day a week, and I usually get 2 due to life popping up.  It works though.

9. Music: Have to have it or go without it?


I can do either.  Been running with Kelly a lot, so I rarely need music, but it can be helpful in a race for that extra pep.

10. #1 reason for running: stress-relief, endorphins, you love to race, so you can eat all the cupcakes you want, weight-loss, love running for social reasons or Other?

I started for weight-loss, now I do it more for mental health.  I love the accomplishment from training and follow through of race day.  And I never turn down a cupcake.


What about you?

Hope everyone has fun weekend plans lined up!!!




1 comment: