Yesterday Thea linked up with Another Mother Runner's 10 running questions. Today Bari did the same. Despite the obvious fact I'm not a mother, I decide to join along. Most of these questions are just runner specific, and I definitely fit that description!
1. Best run ever: The Law Enforcement Memorial 5K this past May. Without mile markers or a Garmin, I just pushed myself as hard as I could on this mostly flat course. The result was a 26:56 - a PR by over 2 minutes. Since then I've had the confidence to believe I can be a fast runner if I work at it.
2. Three words that describe my running: Asthma Girl Wins!
Maybe not (okay definitely not) my age group or even a race, but I'm slowing winning the battle against myself. Excluding a few HOT 5Ks this summer, I'm running PRs practically every run. I'm learning how to redefine myself by what I can do, rather than the limitations I have.
3. My go-to running outfit is: my mizunos, garmin, body glide and whatever is clean! i don't spend a lot of money on gear, but I'm starting to love my new balance mid-length shorts, and a running skirt (can't remember the brand).
4. Quirky habit while running: Dancing to songs. This does not a PR make, however a fool it does. Especially to Viva Las Vegas (finger guns from Just Dance, anyone?) or Sexy and I Know It (wiggle, wiggle, wiggle, wiggle, wiggle YEAH!)
5. Morning, midday, evening: I run best in the morning, however weekdays I have to get up at 6:30 to get in my morning Bible reading, shower + get ready for work. I need sleep or I'm cranky. Typically I'm a lunch time trainer. By the evening my energy is spent, but I enjoy the local track club social runs, so every other Wednesday I do it any way.
6. I won't run outside when its: I wish I could say thundering, but I've been known to push it. (Read: my husband and neighbors stand outside under their porches and yell for me to get my booty back inside.) Snow - we don't get a lot around here, so its not worth the investment on gear for the 1-2 (yearly) we might get.
7. Worst injury - and how I got over it: I've never had a true running injury, but I was sidelined from training due to severe anemia. My doctors never discovered what caused it - only ruled out scary things that didn't (internal bleeding lead poisoning). The filled me up via IV iron infusions & B12 shots. Over 2 years later and I've never had any further problems.
8. I felt like the most bad ass mother runner when: I push myself hard during a run and meet my goals. Also when I complete a new distance. Since I've covered the 26.2 distance, now those have to come with new triathlon distances. I'm not quite ready to commit to an ultra yet!
9. My next race is: Marine Corp Mud Run 5K next weekend. My goal is to beat my personal worst 5K time for a straight up run. I'll have to really push myself to run fast between obstacles, but I think its doable.
10. Potential running goal for 2013: Sub 2 hour half marathon. This is going to take some work, but I've committed myself to reaching this goal before I start training for another full marathon.
Care to join us? Let me know if you link up - I'd love to read your answers!
Happy Friday everyone!!