Saturday, November 7, 2015

Nerds for Words


This year I've thought more about my purpose, ministry in life than I have the previous 34. Or at least it feels to me like I have. First I discovered I had been equipped with spiritual gifts to serve the body of Christ. 


In theory, I knew each believer was equipped in some fashion for kingdom work. In practice I had no clue what that looked like or meant for my life. Discovering that the gifts don't necessarily manifest in standard ways was game-changing for me.

Teaching doesn't necessarily mean sitting in a class room of 3 year olds reading them a Bible study. I very much enjoy substitute teaching for my Bible study class, but that too isn't the full extent of my calling.

More and more I'm starting to truly believe that writing is another form of the gift of teaching. Putting thoughts and concepts into words which can be savored and enjoyed. I'm not sure I'm there yet, but the more I write, the more I can refine my craft and get that much closer to my goals.

Purpose. Calling. Gift.

These seem so serious and dramatic. And they can be. However at heart, I am a brutally honest, geek who doesn't take herself too seriously. I'm slowly learning that God isn't limited by my personality, but can work through it for His glory. No matter how loca I am.


Stream

Linking up with Jaime for Stream of Consciousness Weekend.  What's on your mind? Share it in the comments or let me know if you post your on SOC blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment